Featured Post

Family Staycation at Hotel Jen Manila

Photo Tour: Friends Retreat in Puerto Galera

This is a late post from Summer of 2012 when I had the chance to visit Puerto Galera in Mindoro for a much needed weekend retreat with workmates.  I never passed up this chance when I was invited by close friends from another work unit to join in their team building. Puerto Galera was one of the places I had been yearning to go to for a lot of reasons.  First, it was written in my travel wish list for 2012 to visit a place that I had never been to. Second, I felt so burnt out with work that I needed some relaxation, I thought that an escape at the beach would give me that.  Third, it had been too long ago when my best office buddies spent time together outside of work. It was the best chance to be with them minus the rush and deadline. Plus, a handful of good reasons to pack my bag and enjoy the pleasure of being away from the busy city life.  I also enjoyed taking photos though amateurish, the most important thing was I took snapshot of anything that captured my fancy.

Simply taking a look around the beach with the sand, the sun and the sea will give you that calm feeling


It is best to reserve your accommodation in one of the hotels right in front of the beach, nice view and you will always be in the loop of every event



There are many activities that you can try here like jet skiing, para-sailing, banana boating or if you prefer to just hang around to have chat with friends
Have a relaxing time with the stunning sunset while sitting in one of the benches right there at the white sand beach.  Janice and I spent some time just to capture this sunset by the beach 


Or just walk around barefoot to calm your nerves

Have a boat ride all by yourself
Or enjoy a banana boat ride with friends. Our group tried the banana boat ride, we were all gasping for breath when we hit the water.  Though clad in life vest, I felt like I was drowning that I felt a rush of adrenaline.  It was not my time yet. :-P  

There are shops here that offer this service...a henna tattoo.  I had a butterfly tattoo on my left leg :-D
At first, I was hesitant to try this as I thought that it was painful. My friend Ynz accompanied me and told me that it doesn't hurt like the real tattoo. 


If you are taught not to drink and drive, it is also not a good idea to drink and swim.  Better heed this warning, it is dangerous to swim when drunk.

Have a  "halo-halo" afternoon delight to give you relief during a hot day at the beach


Or have a cup of coffee in the morning before dipping in the water.  I was actually dreaming of a brewed coffee that comes with the free breakfast in our hotel. Just the smell of brewed coffee takes my worries away.  But to my dismay, we were given an instant coffee.  Anyway, I still need that drink, pronto!   
Our team had a great time at the White Sand Beach in Puerto Galera.  I was really thankful to my friends Ces, Ynz and Neil and to all our companions for this memorable bonding moment with them.    

Comments

  1. Hi Arlene,

    Your blog is amazing! I'd love to be in touch with you.
    Would it be possible for you to drop me an email at janecjj_92@hotmail.com?

    Thanks,
    Jan Jee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment