Featured Post

Family Staycation at Hotel Jen Manila

Hotel Name: Hotel Jen Manila
Location: 3001 Roxas Boulevard, Pasay, 1307 Philippines
Phone Numbers: (63)  (02) 795 8888


Booking Details:
I made another hotel booking for a three days and two nights accommodation through Agoda a week before my birthday.  It is a personal birthday treat which I opted to spend with the whole family πŸ‘©πŸ‘ͺ. Hotel staycation with my loved ones is one of the relaxing moments I always look forward to.  Well, aside from the reason that we get to spend more time together with our growing up kids, they also get to cherish those moments. We, as parents got  to exchange valuable conversation with them to get to know what is happening with their lives.  With our busy weekday schedule, we only manage to talk about selected topics whenever at home.  And when we have no weekend plans, the kids tend to spend their days with their friends or too engrossed with social media. Staying at luxurious hotel not only gives me and my family all those happy times but we also get to exchange ideas, plan our lives, learn more about each other's experiences while we were away from each other and so much more.

Check-in and Stay:
Since the dates coincided with the long holiday, the hotel was fully booked when we were checking-in thus it was only understandable that it took us sometime before we were entertained due to long lines.  We arrived at Hotel Jen around 15 minutes before 2PM.  But with the courteous and pleasant way the hotel staff entertained guests, I really never feel annoyed of waiting in line except for the guest ahead of me who complained of not getting a bay view room when it was her who made the wrong booking and did not read carefully the fine print.  It took her and the staff a long discussion before the guest accepted the offer of additional fee for a bay view room. I really admired the hotel staff for having such patience and courteousness in explaining even though the guest was almost in a fighting mode. 😁   After around ten minutes at the line, it was finally my turn at check-in. Those at the counter were all smiles and very polite when they entertained me that dissolved all those boredom.  I was also surprised that no incidental deposit was collected unlike in our other hotel stay.   I never really had problem with my booking as everything were arranged accordingly.

We were assigned adjoining rooms at the 6th floor just as I requested.  All the necessary amenities were provided.  The beds, linens and pillows were so comfortable.  However, the floor carpet, sofa blackout curtains and windows seem to be lacking thorough cleaning as stains and musty odor are somewhat evident.  I just hope that housekeeping staff will also ensure to clean thoroughly those areas. Anyway, we were just glad that we have clean and comfortable beds as well as very clean bathrooms.  The family had a great time at the pool also where the kids spent most of their time. 

The next day, a sumptuous buffet breakfast was served for all guests and there were ample seating  which afforded us a heartily meal for the family.  We just checked out the gym but did not try to use the equipment as we preferred to sweat it out at the nearby Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP) just across the hotel to jog and walk.  My grown-up kids also like it more to spend time outdoors thus we just walked around CCP and nearby establishments.  

Checkout:
This is one of the express checkout that I experienced in all of my hotel stay. πŸ˜„ I just surrendered the card keys and for less than three minutes we were allowed to go.


Mosey Butterfly Rating: Scale of 1-5
Service: 🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺
Cleanliness: 🌺🌺🌺
Room Comfort: 🌺🌺🌺
Facilities: 🌺🌺🌺🌺
Value for money: 🌺🌺🌺🌺

Summary of Expenses for this trip:
Hotel Accommodation = : (+) for deluxe room at 3 days/2 nights stay


Comments