Featured Post

Family Staycation at Hotel Jen Manila

Movie for Travel Enthusiasts: Living in the Age of Airplanes

I remember a time during my childhood when I felt that large gap created by the distance between us and my father who used to work in another country.  My mom would explain that we needed to ride an airplane to get to him whenever I ask if we could visit him.  In the absence of an internet, affordable long distance call and cheap flights, my family would just be contend seeing those pictures of him and numerous postcards that he sent us.  I still remember the feeling when I would be too excited to receive another picture-perfect place on postcards that overtime developed my fascination for travel.  Though I have not seen all those places I cherished during my childhood,  but I think I am not far from getting there.  Wish granted that we are now Living in the Age of Airplanes, I must say.

 Whew! How amazing it is that we can get from one country to another in just a matter of hours.  That thought also made me more fascinated not just of plane travel but of airplane itself.  I might not be that hard-core collector of airplane models or a jetsetter in any way but I think mine was implanted in my sub-conscious that my son developed the same interest as mine. He just finished his studies in aircraft maintenance and too keen on continuing with a flight career if finances would allow it. :-) **fingers crossed**

When I attended my son's graduation last April, the guest speaker said that there is a huge demand for aviation professionals that means how this industry has grown.  That also means how plane travel has changed from almost three decades ago when I was just wishing for an airplane ride to take me to my dad.  Today, whenever I look back at the time when I was wishing for something that could take us to my dad and the career choice of my son, I somehow find some correlation in our interest for aviation.  I find it even more appealing how plane travel has changed and made me even more interested to learn about it.  Good thing that National Geographic has come up with an airplane movie that I want to watch with my son, of course.  However, this movie will only be shown in selected US theaters starting September 2015.  If I could only fly to US with my family to watch this, *another wishful thinking* ha ha...Or, hope that #Imax will book it to be shown in the Philippines soon.  According to its website, the movie took almost six years to finish.  Wow for that!  The more it deserved to seen in the big screen.  For now, let us take a glimpse on what this movie could offer. 


Comments