Featured Post

Family Staycation at Hotel Jen Manila

A Thrilling Ride Not to be Missed: Sentosa Luge and Skyride

It was originally included in our plan to have a cable car ride from Mt. Faber to Sentosa but unfortunately, it was under maintenance during our visit so we just took a Sentosa Express Train from Vivo City. The rain was pouring unusually heavy that morning so even if we wanted very much to reach Sentosa as early as we can and stroll around we have no choice but to stop over at this mall for a while. We arrived at Imbiah Station in Sentosa at past 10AM. My sister in law who was kind enough to tour us along was thinking of an alternative attraction where we could go without having to wander around in wet land since it was still raining that time. While planning changes in our itinerary for that day, having our mid-morning snack at the Coffee Bean wishing for a sunny day, my kids spotted something that resembles the cable car that we wished to ride. We learned from my sis-in-law that it is called Sentosa Luge and Skyride. We just need to wish harder for sunshine since we do not want to get all wet on this exciting ride. The kids were happy when the rain finally stopped as it means we can finally try this luge and skyride, YIPEEE!!!!



We had this later in the day after our Underwater World exploration as the skyride would still be wet because of the rain. So after the Underwater World attraction, we headed straight to Sentosa Luge and Skyride. The skyride is much like a wooden bench attached to a cable hanging about seventy feet above ground that will take you to the highest point of the hilly part of Sentosa. You can either have a return trip on a skyride back to where you set off or drive your way through either the jungle trail or the dragon trail on a “luge” which is as they say is part go-cart and part toboggan kind of ride. We bought a family ticket for SGD 49.00 <> which entitled us to 8 skyrides with luge rides plus we bought another ticket at SGD 2 for child coupling luge ride for my little daughter. An individual ticket costs around SGD 12 or more than PHP 380 each. That means we were able to save almost 50% off the standard price plus an extra three rides for any five of us. One seat can accommodate a maximum of four people, we grouped ourselves by three thus our family accommodated two “benches”. My kids were not afraid of height at all as I could see how excited they were while waiting for their turn. “Once is never enough” was posted on a large banner in front of the Luge service desk and I must agree with that as my son, my daughter, my husband and my sister-in-law had their repeat ride using our extra tickets plus we bought another ticket for child coupling.





And once is really never enough because we went bac
k here after our Universal Studio trip the following night. It was past 7PM already, just less than an hour left before closing time thus there were no more queues unlike during daytime.



My daughter decid
ed to have just the skyride return ticket as she felt uneasy riding on a luge on her own and pass at a dark winding road so I just accompanied her on the skyride. I must say that it seemed more eerie riding the skyride during the night. So up there in the middle of thin air my daughter asked me to have our tickets changed to luge ride as she was frightened to go back on a skyride.



Wh
en we reached the terminal point, I asked the service clerk if it was okay to have the ticket changed to luge ride for which they agreed. I was always trailing behind my daughter constantly reminding her what the instructors told us not to pull too hard on the steering rod as this could cause the luge to speed up and to push slowly forward if she needed to stop. It became our longest and startling ride with only two of us passing the dragon trail that night and I thought it would take us forever to reach the finish line. :-)



Comments