Featured Post

Family Staycation at Hotel Jen Manila

Hearty Tour Treats: It's More Fun in the Philippines

I really had a fun-filled summer, spending a day or two with people I find so much comfortable to hang out with. I had this mindset that my 2012 would be a travel-filled year.  Also, I had this urge to follow #3, 6, 76, 77 and 90 in my Navi journal list of 101 Things to do in 2012. So off I went to places that I had been wishing to visit, accepted an invitation, did something new and got close and enjoyed the water. So where did I spend my summer vacation?  There are about 7,107 islands in the Philippines and I am lucky to have visited quite a few including these three locations; Batangas, Zambales and Mindoro. (*o*)
My own meme for the It's More Fun in the Philippines campaign.



March 10-11: My family had the best bonding moments in Batangas when my sis-in-law invited us to have that much needed break. This was also her treat for her father who has been bedridden for years because of stroke. We had an overnight stay at Valentino Resort and Spa.  Had memorable moments with some sort of fun dive and we played water gun battle just like little kids.  It was so inspiring to see my father-in-law in a jovial mood that time.     


April 21-22: I had fun under the summer sun with my office buddies at Puerto Galera.  My first time to visit this place. We stayed at Dreamwave Hotel near the beachfront. Took lots of photos and strolled the white-sand beach. Also, we did a banana boat ride.  What made it more fun was the heart-pounding drop, three times we had.  This was one invitation that I couldn't resist as I really love to visit this place and felt like my adventurous feet was longing for some new experiences.  My friend Cecil was in the mood for para-sailing but I guess I haven't mustered enough courage for that :-) not yet. Maybe next time.  

April 27-28: Spent a fulfilling get-together weekend with my close relatives at a beach in Zambales.  We spent the night in Balihambay Beach Resort.  Also had fun time practicing photography with my cousin.  Thank you Roda for that crash course, had to make that appointment with you again for another round of lectures. :-D Zambales trip was the longest land tour I had this year. We were on the road from 5AM and reached our destination about 11AM that day. But despite feeling tired, I was too relieved to see my aunts, uncles, siblings and their kids.  Happiness was in the air especially when the kids started to have their special bonding moments with relatives they seldom see.  It was also a celebration for my uncle's new lease on life after surviving the deadly stroke.  I remember he said when he was in the hospital that he felt like he would no longer reach his retirement age, that was less than a month from his 60th birthday.  I told him to relax his mind and imagine himself unwinding at a beach.  Maybe that helped him recovered somehow that whenever I visited him at his home he always asked when we would go to the beach. That was one thing that he looked forward to, to enjoy his retirement years...and maybe gave him a good reason to live longer....so we decided to have that beach trip with the whole family.        

I still have many more islands to explore and seven more months to create lots and lots of fun-filled memories.  Generally, the tour made me hale and hearty seeing new sights and doing things with endearing people.

Comments

  1. This is a good blog message, I will keep the post in my mind. If you can add more video and pictures can be much better. Because they help much clear understanding. :) thanks Cavalieri.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment